Join the National Native American Boarding School Healing Coalition on September 27 at 3:00pm CT for a virtual event to learn how you can advocate for the Truth and Healing Commission Bill (S.1723).
This event will feature an Opening Address by Rep. Sharice Davids (Ho-Chunk) and a guest panel featuring Sterlin Harjo (Seminole/Muscogee), Dallas Goldtooth (Lower Sioux Dakota Nation), Mato Wahuyi (Oglala Lakota), and Georgeanne Growingthunder (Fort Peck Assiniboine and Sioux Tribes).
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email and link to the event.
- Date: September 27, 2023
- Time: 3:00 p.m. CT (10am HST, 12pm AK, 1pm PT, 2pm MT, 3pm CT, 4pm ET)
- Location: Zoom
"No child should ever experience abuse or trauma, which I did at the hands of the United States. It has deeply impacted my life, all in the name of a colonized education. My story as a boarding school survivor is one of many, and it's time for Congress to acknowledge all of us by passing the Truth and Healing Commission Bill."
-James LaBelle Sr. (Inupiaq), NABS Board President and Indian boarding school survivor
Rep. Sharice Davids
Cast Member Reservation Dogs
Musician and Composer on Reservation Dogs
- Opening Prayer by Trinity Roybal
- Opening Song by Adrian Jefferson
- Opening Invite by NABS Chairman James LaBelle Sr.
- Opening Address by Rep. Sharice Davids
- December DC Summit 2023 by Theresa Sheldon
- Legislative Update on S.1723 by Wilson Pipestem
- Panel Discussion led by Deborah Parker
- Mindful Meditation for Anxiety and Grounding led by Dr. Michael Yellow Bird
- Closing Prayer/Song by Wokiksuya Whiteman