Purpose and Vision for Membership
We are a coalition of people who support the healing of boarding school survivors and descendants. We use our coalition voice to educate others about the truth of the Boarding School Policies, experiences, and legacy. We call for action towards justice and healing. We use our network to share research, healing resources, and advocacy. We learn from one another, and we grow and heal together.
Benefits of Membership
As a Coalition member, you will…
- Receive online access to our database of research and resources
- Have premiere access to the coalition network and exclusive meetings, events, and opportunities
- Be invited to attend the annual membership meeting, nominate board members, as well as be eligible to serve on the Board of Directors and Coalition Committees
Types of Membership
There are two classes of membership: Regular member and Affiliate member.
Regular Members are:
- Tribal Nations or members of federally recognized tribes with proof of enrollment
- Members of unrecognized tribes with proof of membership
- Descendants of Federally recognized or unrecognized tribes with documentation of descent
- Organizations with more than half American Indian ownership
Affiliate Members are:
- Indigenous, First Nations, or Aboriginal individuals, Nations, or organizations outside the U.S.
- All other individuals, churches, or organizations without proof of tribal enrollment, descent, or more than half Indian ownership
Fees for Membership
Individuals do not pay any membership fees. Tribal Nations, tribal organizations and non-tribal organizations are asked to pay a nominal fee based on annual income. Membership dues will be used to provide member benefits and to host our Annual Membership Meeting (usually held in conjunction with NCAI fall session).
Annual Membership Dues are as follows:
Tribal Nations/Tribal Organizations
Annual Income less than $500,0000 = $200.00
Annual Income greater than $500,0000 = $400.00
Annual Income less than $500,0000 = $400.00
Annual Income greater than $500,0000 = $600.00
Application for Membership
Download our Application for Membership
Send your completed application to us at:
2525 E. Franklin Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55406
Or email to email@example.com
Your application will be reviewed by our Membership Committee and you will be notified within 60 days of your application as to the status of your membership.